We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the all-time favorite one-dish suppers is spaghetti with meat sauce. Here's a way to make it with a thick sauce that always sticks to the spaghetti.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 pound regular or thin spaghetti
What to Do
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat; drain off the fat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the spaghetti. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti to desired doneness. Drain, place in a serving bowl, and pour the sauce over it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.