We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a spaghetti crust and a creamy ricotta filling, our saucy Spaghetti Pie is the kind of pasta recipe that's perfect for a busy, weeknight, family meal. The whole gang will love this baked spaghetti pie recipe, so you know there won't be any fussing at the dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine eggs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir into spaghetti then pour into prepared pie plate, and form into a "crust." Spread ricotta evenly over crust, but not quite to edge.Top with spaghetti sauce..
Bake uncovered 25 minutes, then top with mozzarella; bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cool 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Time-Saving Tip: The next time you make spaghetti for your family, plan ahead and make an extra 1/2 pound for this recipe. That way, you can refrigerate it and have it ready for when you want to make this Spaghetti Pie!
- How to Freeze Spaghetti Pie: This is a great make-ahead dish! Just assemble, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze without cooking.
- How to Reheat Spaghetti Pie: When you're ready to eat this spaghetti pie with ricotta cheese, remember to let it thaw first. Then, bake it according to the directions in the recipe.
- We like to serve our Spaghetti Pie with some kid-friendly Baked Zucchini Chips or a healthy green salad!
- We've got even more kid-friendly recipes like this baked spaghetti pie in our free eCookbook, ABC's of Back-to-School: 26 Kid-Friendly Recipes from Mr. Food
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 230
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 511mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.7g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!