We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't decide if the gang would rather have pasta or rice with dinner tonight? Don't worry...with Spaghetti Rice, now they can have both!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil; add mushrooms and onion, and saute until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium-low heat; brown spaghetti. (Be careful -- it browns quickly.) Remove saucepan from heat and add mushrooms and onions back into pan. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- If you're looking for a good make-ahead side dish, this is the one, 'cause Spaghetti Rice freezes well.
- Another favorite side dish that goes well with so many main dishes is our Zucchini Rice -- give it a try!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!