Special Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The popular classic macaroni and cheese dish just became a little more special, and it's still just as easy. Everybody's gonna ask for your Special Macaroni and Cheese recipe. You'll see!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni just until tender.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil then saute the mushrooms, onion, and celery until tender.
Drain macaroni but do not rinse. Mix mushroom soup, milk, Cheddar cheese, sauteed mushroom mixture, and the macaroni in a large bowl then pour into prepared baking dish.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until top is golden.
- You can put this dish together a day ahead, cover it, and refrigerate then bake it when needed.
- If you'd like to vary it a little, add some chopped green bell pepper to the other sauteed vegetables, a minced garlic clove or a sprinkle of garlic powder, and/or a teaspoon of dillweed, thyme, or tarragon.
- If you use mild Cheddar cheese instead of sharp, you might want to add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!