We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a hearty, flavor-packed meal in one pot, you've found it! With broccoli, beans, sausage and pasta, what more could you ask for than Spicy Rigatoni?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound hot Italian pork sausage, casings removed (see Option)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, then set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and add sausage and onion; saute 12 to 15 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add beans, broccoli, broth, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Add pasta and cook until warmed through and well combined with the sauce.
- For a lighter version, substitute turkey sausage for the hot Italian pork sausage.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.