Spicy Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Go ahead and give in to your craving for the comforting taste of macaroni and cheese! Our Spicy Tomato Mac 'n' Cheese takes your taste buds on a zesty adventure with extra pizzazz!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (see Options)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (see Options)
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 3 minutes, or until tender. Add cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Stir in tomatoes and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
To tame the spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes with green chilies. You’ll get all the flavor with just a slight kick.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!