State Fair Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've turned a state fair classic into an easy weeknight dinner with our recipe for State Fair Pasta. Inspiration came from tour love of hot sausage and pepper sandwiches. We substituted pasta for bread and added some spaghetti sauce so you can feel like you're at the state fair anytime!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound rigatoni or penne
- 2 pounds hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3 large bell peppers (1 each red, green, and yellow), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, saut the sausage, bell peppers, and onion over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and no pink remains in the sausage.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Spoon over the pasta and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 639
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 2,227mg 93 %
- Total Carbohydrates 88g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.2g 33 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!