Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You only need fifteen minutes to make David Venable's flavorful and creamy Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese! Who can say no to a plate topped with pasta twists swimming in five different kinds of cheese? We certainly can't!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded yellow extra-sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white sharp Cheddar
- 1 pound gemelli or other pasta twists, cooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and mustard and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk 2 to 3 minutes, or until a thick paste forms. Stir in cream and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring until sauce becomes thick. Add the cheeses and stir until melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta and stir well to combine. Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through. Serve immediately.
- This Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese recipe comes from David Venable's cookbook, Back Around the Table: An "In the Kitchen with David" Cookbook.
- To check out even more of the tasty recipes from this cookbook and watch David in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!