Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Avocados, peppers, and beans? That's a fresh Southwestern combo! And if you don't have avocados, throw in an extra can of beans.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16 ounce) box twist pasta
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans or kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta to desired doneness; drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and place in a large bowl. Add pepper, beans, and olives.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, garlic, and cumin; add to pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with lemon juice, then gently blend with pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 253
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.1g 18 %
- Cholesterol 9.1mg 3 %
- Sodium 399mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.8g 19 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %