Butternut Squash Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready for a new fall favorite? Our Butternut Squash Lasagna is a fun fall way to serve up something delicious and unexpected. Packed with the flavors of the season, this easy lasagna recipe is sure to be a surprise hit no matter where you serve it. And don't worry; we don't mind if you take credit for the recipe. Something this good is worth bragging about!
What You'll Need
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 5 cups warm, seasoned mashed potatoes, store-bought or homemade
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine potatoes, butternut squash, ricotta cheese, onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of baking dish. Spread 1/3 of potato mixture over noodles. Repeat layers two more times. Top with French-fried onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and heated through.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Got a few extra minutes? Why not make your own fried onions! To do so, simply cut thin slices of onion, place them in a plastic storage bag with flour, and shake, shake, shake, until they are well coated. Then fry them in a deep skillet in about an inch or so of vegetable oil until crispy. Season with some salt and you’ll have the best fried onions ever.
- Looking for a more traditional lasagna recipe? Try our Worth the Wait Lasagna, or another of our Easy Lasagna Recipes!
- For more fun with butternut squash, try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup or our Butternut Squash Fritters.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!