We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've taken your favorite strudel recipe and made it even easier by using shortcut ingredients like frozen puff pastry and canned pears. Pear Strudel is a dessert recipe that you'll love to share!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, (from a 17.25-ounce package) thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced pears, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture. Add pears, raisins, and walnuts to remaining mixture; mix well.
- Spoon mixture down center of dough. Cut slits in dough, 1 inch apart, down both sides of filling. Brush each dough strip with beaten egg and fold over dough. Brush top of pastry with remaining egg and sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 442
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 122mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!