Amish Molasses Oatmeal Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of our most requested Amish pies. It'll bake up as homey and wholesome as it would on an Amish farm, but our shortcut pie crust will allow you to enjoy Amish Molasses Oatmeal Pie even during a busy week.
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except pie crust; mix well then pour into pie crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or untl center is set. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Serve pie warm, or refrigerate and serve when ready.
We suggest topping this pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!