Apple Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Simple yet elegant, this layered apple custard pie offers a tasty and creamy twist on the traditional.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, heated until very warm
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place apple slices in a medium bowl. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg and toss mixture with the apples. Arrange evenly in bottom of crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat in milk. Pour mixture over apples.
- Carefully place pie on rack in center of oven. Bake about 30 minutes, or until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate, loosely covered, until firm, several hours or overnight.
For easier slicing, use a thin-bladed knife. Wipe knife with clean damp towel, or rinse knife under warm water, after each cut.
- Refrigerate any leftover pie promptly.