Double-Crusted Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This pie is full of old-fashioned goodness. It's our version of a classic custard pie (like the kind Grandma made!), but with an easy pie crust shortcut. Our Double Crusted Custard Pie is great any time you want something traditional-tasting without the fuss.
What You'll Need
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake deep-dish pie shell, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar, butter, and flour and continue beating until well combined. Stir in vinegar and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a crust forms over top and turns golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 317
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 85mg 28 %
- Sodium 213mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!