Frozen Turtle Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no reason we can't have a little fun with our food now and then. Cute little "creatures" are peeking out from all over this delightful Frozen Turtle Pie.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and caramel sauce; mix well. Place half the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Use half the ice cream and place individual scoops over cookie mixture.
- Into each scoop of ice cream, place 2 pecan halves in the front and 2 pecan halves in back, making "legs," and 1 pecan half on top, making the "head" of a turtle. Sprinkle with one- fourth of the cookie mixture then top with additional scoops of ice cream and pecans, continuing in a pyramid shape until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
We like the flavor of chocolate ice cream in this pie but any flavor will do.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!