Lemon Crunch Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Another run-of-the-mill lemon pie? No way! Fruity lemon drops add crunch and pizzazz to make this a second-helping hit.
What You'll Need
- 30 lemon-cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter, melted
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant lemon pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drop candies (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter; mix well. Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Spoon the pudding evenly into the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and crushed candy; mix well. Spread over the pie filling, then cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
You can use a blender or a food processor to crush the lemon drops. And you can even put them in a resealable plastic storage bag, seal, and pound with a mallet! Make sure to crush the lemon drops to a very fine powder before mixing with the whipped topping. Otherwise, they'll weigh it down.
- Feeling like blueberries? This Best Blueberry Pie Recipe: Our Favorite Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe is one of our top pie recipes of all time! Or if you're feeling like strawberries, be sure to try our Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!