Mississippi Mud Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Mississippi Mud Pie is so gooey, rich, and fudgy, we understand why David Venable said, "Dessert just doesn't get any better!" One slice into this brownie in a pie plate, and we bet you'll feel the same!
What You'll Need
- 4 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 premade chocolate cookie pie crust (unbaked)
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and mini semisweet chocolate chips for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt together the bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter. Remove pan from heat.
- Place sugar in a bowl and using a spatula, add the melted chocolate mixture and mix well. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is well combined before adding the next one. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Gradually mix in the flour, a little at a time, until well combined. Fold in the milk chocolate morsels. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Let pie cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and mini chocolate chips.
- This Mississppi Mud Pie recipe comes from David Venable's cookbook, Back Around the Table: An "In the Kitchen with David" Cookbook.
- To check out even more of the tasty recipes from this cookbook and watch David in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, click here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.