Pecan-Crusted Chocolate Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
A little goes a long way here, so invite the whole gang over to enjoy their favorite tastes, chocolate and crunchy pecans!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade or a blender, finely chop 1-3/4 cups pecans with sugar. Add butter and continue processing until completely blended. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate, forming a crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Drizzle caramel sauce over the crust.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, heat cream until almost boiling. Reduce heat to low and stir in chocolate chips. Continue cooking until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, whisking continuously. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm, then pour into pie crust.
- Garnish with the remaining pecan halves and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
This is an extra-rich pie, so a small slice goes a long way!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 535
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 90 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 37mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!