Summer Citrus "Pie"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Summer Citrus "Pie" is a citrus dessert that's kind of like a crustless pie. It's so different and yummy, we had to share it with you.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Gradually stir in half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in strawberries and grated lemon peel. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate, cover, and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.