Summer Citrus "Pie"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Summer Citrus "Pie" is a citrus dessert that's kind of like a crustless pie. It's so different and yummy, we had to share it with you.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Gradually stir in half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in strawberries and grated lemon peel. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate, cover, and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.