Sweet Potato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve up a holiday classic this year with Sherry Gore's recipe for Sweet Potato Pie. This homemade pie recipe comes from her cookbook, "Me, Myself, and Pie," and we're pretty sure this pie recipe can make a sweet potato lover out of anyone.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, eggs, heavy cream, sweet potato, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking 40 minutes. Be careful not to burn crust. Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, garnish with nutmeg and whipped cream, if desired.
- This recipe is from Sherry Gore's cookbook, Me, Myself, and Pie. To see more of the recipes from this cookbook, plus some great videos of Sherry in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen just click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"