Easy Sweet Potato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need to know how to make Sweet Potato Pie? Well, our soul food version of this classic dessert recipe is easy and smells great, before you've even started baking! Sweet, simple, and timeless; learning how to make sweet potato pieis going to change the way your family does the fall season. This is Southern holiday tradition at its best!
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes or yams, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine sweet potatoes and evaporated milk; blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until well combined, scraping down sides as needed. Add to sweet potato mixture; mix well then pour into prepared pie plate, mounding mixture in center.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
It doesn't take much to make this pie look festive...simply top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.