Tart Cherry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you dig your fork into a slice of our Tart Cherry Pie, you're going to have a hard time resisting gobbling up the whole pie. But the best part about this cherry pie recipe is how easy it is to make!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package folded refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pitted tart red cherries in water, drained with 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly against plate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook reserved 1/4 cup cherry liquid, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and red food color over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in cherries and pour into pie crust.
- Unfold second pie crust and place over mixture. Trim and pinch edges together to seal and flute, if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in the top. Place pie on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow to cool slightly, then serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Nothing beats cherry pie a la mode, so you've gotta serve this with some vanilla ice cream for a dessert they won't soon forget.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 467
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 281mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 91g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 56g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.