Chicken Fajita Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try this Mexican- American favorite on a pizza. Salsa, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro atop chicken give this pizza real Southwestern sizzle.
What You'll Need
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 (14-ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza bread shell
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rub cut sides of garlic over bread shell; discard garlic. Spread salsa in a thin layer over bread shell. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and the chicken; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion mixture over chicken; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer pizza directly to center rack of oven using a baking sheet with no sides as a giant spatula. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and cheese melts. Remove pizza from oven, using rimless baking sheet. Top pizza with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Serve with additional salsa.