Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a budget friendly, fast, and delicious way to feed the kids now that school is back in session? Our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole is just what you need! This easy deep dish pizza is ready in just 30 minutes, and is sure to please the kids with its cheesy pizza goodness. You'll give the flavors and simplicity of this dish an A+!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain off pan drippings. Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and onion and pepper mixture and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish (see Notes). Line pizza dough with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture. Place remaining 6 slices of cheese over meat filling and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to bubble up. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Make sure to push the pizza crust up the sides of your baking dish so the delicious pizza filling will bubble up inside the crispy crust. And if you like your pizza with more toppings, add pepperoni or crumbled, cooked sausage for extra taste!
- Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook, If you're feeling like a little Italian food, we've got you covered. Try our Must-Make Meatball Recipes or our No-Fail Italian Favorites!
- If you enjoyed this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole, be sure to check out our other fabulous pizza recipes. Our Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, After School Pizza Puffs, and Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are out of this world!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more kid-friendly ideas, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 549
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 33g 67 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 1,100mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!