Fresh Tomato Flatbread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tomato Flatbread is popular on restaurant menus, and now you can make it at home! The key to this tomato flatbread recipe is to start with really good tomatoes. And we recommend topping it with fresh slivered basil, too. This easy flatbread recipe makes the perfect appetizer for a group, or a simple vegetarian lunch. For even more filling vegetarian recipes, check out our list of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Unroll crescent roll dough and press seams together to form a complete crust. Place tomato and onion slices over crust.
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush over sliced tomato, onion, and crust.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Cut into squares and serve.
- If you're looking for more great Italian recipes, be sure to check out our collection of International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"