Greek Pita Pizzas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know that pizza is typically considered to be an Italian food, right? Well, we've put a bit of twist on it — a Greek twist, that is. Using some classic Greek ingredients on some pita bread, we'll show you just how you can turn a regular ol' pizza into a unique and tasty dish. Serve it up with a side of veggies or fries and watch as this homemade pizza disappears before your very eyes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12 ounce) package 6-inch pita bread rounds
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or ripe black olives, halved
- 2 (4 ounce) packages crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet. Spread pita rounds with pasta sauce. Top with red onion and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil before serving. Cut into wedges.
Place pita rounds on a baking sheet with rounded side down. This keeps the sauce and toppings neatly on the pita round.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 293
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 888mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %