Ground Beef Calzones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget heading over to the Italian restaurant for your favorite calzone, because now you can make it in your own kitchen! This Ground Beef Calzone packed with meat and flavor is so good you'll think you're in Italy... well, almost!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can Italian-style or regular tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crust
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut pepperoni slices in half, and set aside.
Cook ground chuck, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, stirring until meat crumbles; drain. Stir in tomato paste and next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in pepperoni and cheeses.
Combine egg and milk, stirring well; set aside.
Unroll pizza crusts, and cut each into 4 squares. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each square, leaving a 1-inch border around edges; brush edges lightly with egg mixture. Fold crusts in half diagonally. Press edges together to seal, using tines of a fork.
Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; brush tops of calzones with egg mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.