Mushroom 'n' Pesto Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Refrigerated pizza crust gives you a head start. And for a more smoky flavor and meaty texture, use 2 large Portobello mushroom caps that have been sliced instead of the button mushrooms. Either way, you've got a winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 6 fresh mozzarella cheese slices (6 ounces)
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Saut first 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal over an ungreased 10x15-inch rimmed baking pan; spread out pizza crust. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with mushroom mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees on bottom oven rack for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 258
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 698mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!