Poker Night Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our homemade sausage, pepper and mushroom pizza recipe is perfect for easy weeknight entertaining. Poker Night Pizza delivers a money-saving pizza recipe right to our table whenever we need it.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound store-bought fresh or frozen dough, thawed if frozen
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Coat a 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-low heat until no pink remains. Stir in pepper, mushrooms, and basil; reduce heat to low. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are just tender, then drain excess liquid.
- Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough so it covers bottom of pan and dough comes three-quarters of the way up the sides. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread sauce evenly over crust and top with sausage mixture then mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve.
You can make a milder version of this by using mild sausage. Use a sausage that's got the degree of spiciness your gang enjoys.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 337
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.9g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 39 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 762mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.