We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can't beat plum tomatoes and fresh basil for a true summer taste. Fire up the oven for Summertime Pizza!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (see note below)
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough to cover bottom of a 12-inch pizza pan, creating a rim at edges. With a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; mix well then brush over crust. Top pizza with cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Slice and serve immediately.
Did You Know...
...that fresh mozzarella is also known as "mozzarella di bufala" or "buffalo mozzarella" because it was originally made from water buffalo's milk? Usually packaged in whey or water, today's fresh mozzarella is generally made from whole cow's milk and has a much moister consistency and softer texture than factory-produced mozzarella.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 274
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10g 21 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 627mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.