Traditional Pizza Dough
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, you can buy prepared pizza dough at the grocery store. But why not try making it at home for an extra-special pizza?
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1 (.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What to Do
- Place the flour, yeast, and salt in a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process for 3 to 5 seconds, until the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, sugar, and 2 teaspoons of the oil. With the processor running, slowly pour the water mixture through the feed tube. After it is completely mixed, if the dough is too soft, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until a smooth ball forms. Process for 20 to 25 seconds to knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; turn the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 35 to 40 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes. Use immediately, or place in a resealable plastic storage bag and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days before using. Dough may also be frozen in the resealable plastic storage bag; just thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or at room temperature (out of direct sunlight) for 3 to 4 hours.
No food processor? No problem. Just place the flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl and mix until well blended. Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture until a crumbly dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the dough is satiny smooth and has an elastic feel. Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary to achieve this consistency. Form into a ball and follow the directions above, starting with placing the dough in a bowl.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!