We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 slices
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Head into any supermarket in Pennsylvania Dutch country and you're sure to find this breakfast side dish classic. Our Amish Scrapple can be prepared a day ahead and fried up when you're craving something hearty and flavorful.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Coat an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain fat.
- Add broth and milk and bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients except butter and cook until thickened. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into loaf pan, cool, and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Invert onto a board, and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and fry cornmeal slices for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
We like to serve our Amish scrapple with a little brown gravy on top. We suggest making a homemade version, like our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 234
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 7.2g 14 %
- Cholesterol 33mg 11 %
- Sodium 636mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 3.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.