We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Woo Wee! These Fall-Off-The-Bone Spareribs are finger lickin' good! They're drenched in a traditional Southern homemade sauce and then boiled, roasted, and basted for that extra tender fall-off-the-bone texture!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 1/2 pounds pork spareribs
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except ribs and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, 35 to 40 minutes, or until sauce is thick and glossy.
- Meanwhile, place spareribs in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them; boil ribs over medium-high heat about 30 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place ribs in a large roasting pan and baste heavily with sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes, basting ribs occasionally and turning once after 15 minutes. Remove ribs from pan and cut apart every 2 or 3 ribs for easier eating. Serve with remaining sauce.