We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like a little zip and a lot of bang in your burger, then our Firecracker Burgers are right up your alley! These pork burgers get their explosive taste from some simple and great seasonings, plus everyone's favorite--bacon! Now that's a burger that'll really light up their faces!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 4 rolls, toasted
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and egg; mix well. Mix in the bacon, then form into 4 patties. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each burger. (This prevents burger from bulging when grilled.) Sprinkle patties with pepper.
- Grill 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked all the way through, turning once during grilling. Serve on toasted rolls.
We like to top our burgers with coleslaw for that cool and crunchy contrast, and you can check out a bunch of coleslaw recipes on our website. Looking for a suggestion? Why not try our no-fail Everything Coleslaw!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.