Grilled Brats with Onion Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This wurst (German for sausage) is a combination of pork and veal seasoning with a variety of spices, including caraway, marjoram, ginger, and nutmeg. Boil brats first to cook them thoroughly and to keep them plump when grilled.
What You'll Need
- 8 fresh bratwurst (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer or 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 hoagie rolls or French bread rolls
- Onion Relish
What to Do
- Combine bratwurst and beer in a Dutch oven. Bring almost to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove bratwurst from beer.
- Preheat the grill. Grill bratwurst, uncovered, over medium-hot coals (350 degrees to 400 degrees) 7 to 8 minutes or until done. Serve on rolls with Onion Relish and desired condiments.
Instead of using store-bought onion relish, you can really impress your guests by making our delicious recipe for it instead!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.