We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
The city of Havana is no stranger to all the flavors and spices that the Caribbean has to offer, and this pork recipe is no different. Our Havana Pork is marinated in aromatic and delicious "mojo" (a blend of veggies, fruit, and herbs) to give it an authentic taste that's "muy rico!" or "very delicious!"
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups mojo marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice for drizzling
What to Do
- In a large bowl, place pork chunks; cover with mojo marinade and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Drain marinade and sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add pork and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until medium or desired doneness, and outside is crispy. Top with cilantro, drizzle with lime juice, and serve.
- In the Caribbean, Havana Pork would typically be enjoyed over a bed of white rice with a side of fried plantains. Doesn't that sound yummy?
- And if want to make your own Fried Plantains, here's our recipe -- no one will know how simple these are to make!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 396
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 43g 85 %
- Cholesterol 136mg 45 %
- Sodium 488mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.1g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %