Jamaican Pork Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Tropical breezes, beautiful waterfalls, and good food and drink. Isn't that what Jamaica is all about? Close your eyes, taste our Jamaican Pork Skewers, and let your imagination go!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, center-cut single pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 10 wedges
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 10 chunks
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into 5 slices each
- 10 metal or bamboo skewers
What to Do
- In a blender, combine oil, steak sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut, and garlic; blend thoroughly. Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" glass baking dish and add pork; toss to coat completely. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat broiler.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Alternately thread pork and fruit pieces onto skewers and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush remaining marinade over skewers, then discard any excess marinade.
- Broil 12 to 15 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, turning once halfway through the cooking.