Orchard Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Apples and pork make for one tasty combination - it's no wonder this flavor pairing has been around for centuries! In our recipe for Orchard Pork Chops, we really amped up the "a-peel" by using fresh apples, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar to make this mouthwatering fall dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine apple juice, vinegar, and garlic; mix well. Add pork chops, cover, and refrigerate about 2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade, and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add chops and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute apples 5 minutes, or until tender. Place 1/4 cup marinade in a small bowl, whisk in flour, cinnamon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add remaining marinade to apples and bring to a boil. Add flour mixture to apple mixture and heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.