We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional German schnitzel is typically made with veal, but our version is made with budget-friendly and just-as-flavorful pork chops. Breaded, fried, and topped with a lemon-butter based sauce, our Pork Schnitzel makes for a sensational German-style dinner!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Place pork between 2 sheets of wax paper and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet.
- In a shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In a third shallow dish, place breadcrumbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Dip pork in flour, then egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, coating completely on both sides. Saute pork in batches, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and pork is golden. Remove to a platter.
- Add remaining butter, the lemon juice, broth, and parsley to skillet; mix well and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over pork.
- Did You Know? The word "schnitzel" means "cutlet" in German, so really our Pork Schnitzel is easily translated as "pork cutlet."
- Are you a fan of German-style recipes like this one? If so, you've got to check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 486
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 190mg 63 %
- Sodium 748mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is filled with the mouthwatering flavors that you love in hearty dinner. We even made this classic recipe even easier with a few shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen and dinner on the table faster!