We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional German schnitzel is typically made with veal, but our version is made with budget-friendly and just-as-flavorful pork chops. Breaded, fried, and topped with a lemon-butter based sauce, our Pork Schnitzel makes for a sensational German-style dinner!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Place pork between 2 sheets of wax paper and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet.
- In a shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In a third shallow dish, place breadcrumbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Dip pork in flour, then egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, coating completely on both sides. Saute pork in batches, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and pork is golden. Remove to a platter.
- Add remaining butter, the lemon juice, broth, and parsley to skillet; mix well and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over pork.
- Did You Know? The word "schnitzel" means "cutlet" in German, so really our Pork Schnitzel is easily translated as "pork cutlet."
- Are you a fan of German-style recipes like this one? If so, you've got to check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 486
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 32g 63 %
- Cholesterol 190mg 63 %
- Sodium 748mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!