Saucy Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Northern Italy they cook with a lot of garlic, tomatoes, capers, and wine. This was our inspiration for these Saucy Pork Chops and now we totally understand why everyone loves Italian flavors so much! These sauced-up pork chops are incredible.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium-sized pork chops (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1 (14- ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork chops. Brown chops on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, then turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture over pork chops and cover.
- Simmer pork chops over low heat 20 minutes or until chops are tender and no pink remains.
Don't worry if you don't have any capers on hand or don't care for them... just leave them out. We wouldn't want you to miss out on this dish because of that!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 394
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 39g 78 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 654mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.