Sherry Glazed Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 55 Min
You'll be the toast of the town when you turn up the flavor on your holiday ham with our scrumptious special recipe. Sherry Glazed ham is an easy way to turn ho-hum into wow!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7- to 9-pound) hickory smoked ham
- 1 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine. Brush half the glaze over ham.
- Roast ham, uncovered, 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Brush remaining glaze over ham halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine, Dijon mustard, orange juice, and raisins; mix well and cook sauce over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Serve sauce over sliced ham.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 442
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 57g 114 %
- Cholesterol 170mg 57 %
- Sodium 2,283mg 95 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %