Sherry Orange Dijon Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This versatile "tastes like a million bucks" sauce gets its special holiday flavor from shelf-stable sherry cooking wine, its spark from citrus and its gourmet taste from Dijon mustard. Donâ€™t miss this recipe for glazing your holiday ham!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cloves and nutmeg; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the mustard until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Gradually stir in the sherry cooking wine, orange juice, and raisins; mix well and cook sauce over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
Makes about 1-1/4 cups sauce.
This is perfect for spooning over your holiday ham. Or try brushing the sauce over freshly baked or warmed biscuits for a change of pace. It also makes a nice creamy dressing when the cooled sauce is mixed with some milk.
Bonus Recipe: Sherry-Glazed Ham
10 to 12 servings
1 (7- to 9-pound) hickory smoked ham
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and sherry cooking wine. Brush half the glaze over the ham.
- Roast ham, uncovered, 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degree F. Brush remaining glaze over ham halfway through cooking time.
- Slice and serve topped with the Sherry Orange Dijon Sauce, if desired.
Recipes adapted from and courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.