Speedy Pork Tostadas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can you say S-P-E-E-D-Y? We think you can finish making these before you can even say Speedy Pork Tostadas.
What You'll Need
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange tortillas on a baking sheet; using 1 tablespoon oil, coat both sides of tortillas. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- While tortillas bake, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork, garlic, and cumin; cook 3 minutes or until pork is browned on all sides, stirring often. Add beans and salsa; simmer 4 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Place tortillas on 4 individual serving plates; arrange lettuce evenly over tortillas. Top tortillas evenly with pork mixture, cheese, tomato, and sour cream.
Use minced garlic from a jar to save chopping time. One teaspoon minced garlic equals 2 regular-sized cloves.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 461
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 940mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.7g 31 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %