Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for the sweet and sour sauce they serve in Chinese restaurants, no need to buy bottled when our freshly made version tastes a million times better. We bet you'll agree our Sweet and Sour Pork Chops are amazing!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, with liquid reserved
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar; cook 5 minutes, until hot. Add pineapple chunks, carrots, and green pepper; remove from heat.
In a large skillet, heat oil; add chops and brown.
In a shallow baking dish, arrange chops; spread pineapple-vegetable mixture over top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25-35 minutes, until chops are done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
For that extra authentic feel, serve this one up over white rice!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 512
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 79 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 947mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 14 %
- Sugars 43g 0 %