Twist Pasta with Pork and Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a tasty treat with an exciting "twist"! And the meal is so tender, it melts in your mouth.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into eighths
- 3/4 to 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jar (25 to 29 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 pound twist pasta or any medium pasta shape
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the peppers and onion and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the peppers and onion from the skillet and set aside; add the pork and garlic to the skillet and cook over high heat until the pork is browned.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and thyme, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender, stirring occasionally; add the cooked vegetables.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta to desired doneness; drain and place in a large bowl. Toss the pasta with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Serve with the pork and pepper sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 500
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 55 %
- Cholesterol 55mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,134mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %