Razzle-Dazzle Root Beer Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Root beer has been a beloved drink for generations; but did you know you can use it as a secret ingredient when cooking meat? That's right! We've got something your Granny didn't tell you. This succulent Razzle-Dazzle Root Beer Pork is the best of the best, because it uses your favorite soda in a whole new way. With explosive sweet flavor, your guests will want second and third helpings, every time this hits the table.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) can root beer
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8-inch) round corn bread, cut into wedges
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder; rub mixture over meat. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; sear pork on all sides.
- Place a steamer insert or foil collar in a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker/Instant Pot. Place meat on the insert, fat side up. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except corn bread; pour over pork.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release. Check to ensure meat is very tender. If not, place lid on loosely and simmer until fork-tender. Remove meat to a cutting board and pull apart into chunks. (Do not shred.)
- Remove steamer insert. Skim fat from sauce and stir meat back into sauce. Serve meat chunks and gravy with the cornbread.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Want to bake your own corn bread? Go ahead and pick up a package of all-in-one corn bread mix and bake it according to the package instructions.
- For more amazing pork dinners, try our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops, or our Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
- Love cooking with root beer? Make this Chocolate Surprise Cake for a recipe where root beer really shines!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.