"Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package flavored stuffing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, adding mushrooms to water before water reaches a boil.
- Meanwhile, evenly sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown pork chops on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Leaving chops in the skillet, top each with about 1/3 cup stuffing and a slice of cheese. Add wine to skillet, cover, and cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pork is cooked to desired doneness. Serve with pan drippings.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more yummy skillet pork chop dinners that are easy on your wallet, check out our All-in-One Pork Chop Dinner, our super flavorful Parmesan Crusted Pork, and these oh-so-yum Pork Chops and Gravy!
- We've got some side dish sensations you're going to love, including our Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans, some scrumptious Glazed Baby Carrots, and these perfectly portioned Mashed Potato Pancakes!
- When everyone looks to you for dessert, you'll have it covered with our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake or this decadent Strawberry-Chocolate Dump Cake! Also, for a real treat, try our Bubblin' Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler! Yum!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,233
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 165g 330 %
- Cholesterol 456mg 152 %
- Sodium 1,497mg 62 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"