Apple Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
German potato pancakes are a favorite side dish in the fall, especially during Oktoberfest. Now, we've made them even more fall-perfect by adding some apple to them. Our Apple Potato Pancakes are crispy-delicious with just a touch of sweetness!
What You'll Need
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Place potatoes, apple, and onion in a strainer. Press down with the back of a large spoon to extract excess moisture. (If they're still watery, wrap them in a clean dish towel and squeeze to extract moisture.)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, apple, onion, and egg; mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Using about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, form into pancake shape and place in oil.
- Fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; serve hot.
- Serve these with some applesauce or sour cream for even more goodness!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!