Best Mashed Potatoes Ever
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without the perfect mashed potato dish. That's why we're pulling out all the stops with this easy recipe; we're so sure it will be the hit of your holiday party that we named this recipe our Best Mashed Potatoes Ever! This creamy side dish is filled with that buttery flavor you know and love but, when it comes to changing things up, the options are endless. So get ready for a fantastic holiday dinner, and the Best Mashed Potatoes Ever!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potato chunks in a large soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well and place either back into the pot or into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
So Many Options!
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Cut a small onion into quarters and add it to the pot along with 10 peeled, whole garlic cloves before bringing the potatoes to a boil; beat with remaining ingredients.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above, reducing milk to 1/4 cup and salt to 1/2 teaspoon. Add a 16-ounce container of sour cream, 1 cup finely shredded Colby or sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup real bacon bits, and 1 thinly sliced scallion. Beat as directed above.
- Green Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above then add two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach that have been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry. Beat as directed above.
- Plus, if you liked this easy mashed potatoes recipe, check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More. We're sure you're going to love these Super Easy Mashed Potato Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Check this out for even more comfort food recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 328
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 671mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!